THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET FORTH BELOW GOVERN YOUR USE OF THIS WEBSITE. PLEASE READ THEM BEFORE USING THE WEBSITE.
1. Acceptance of Terms and Conditions. Horan Lloyd A Professional Corporation (the “Firm,” “us,” or “we”) provides this website, its materials, and any website-related services (this “Site”) for your use subject to your full compliance with the terms and conditions set forth in this agreement by and between the Firm and you (this “Agreement”). If you have any questions about this Agreement, you may contact us at email@example.com. If you do not agree to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, you must not use this Site. BY USING THIS SITE, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THIS AGREEMENT.
The Firm reserves the right to make changes to this Agreement at any time without prior notice to you. Any changes to this Agreement will become effective upon posting. It is your responsibility to check for updates to this Agreement by accessing this webpage online. You may determine whether changes have been made to the Agreement since your last visit to this Site by clicking on the link to the “Terms and Conditions of Use” contained on this Site and viewing the date associated with the “Last Updated” information herein. Your use of this Site after changes to this Agreement have been posted constitutes your acceptance of this Agreement, as amended.
2. No Legal Services or Attorney-Client Relationship. The Firm maintains this Site for the purpose of conveying general information only. This Site is general in nature, and the information conveyed through this Site does not apply to any particular factual or legal circumstances. No attorney-client relationship is created through your use of this Site, and nothing in this Site constitutes legal advice or should be construed as legal advice.
The attorneys of the Firm do not practice or seek to practice law in any jurisdiction in which applicable law, rules, and regulations do not authorize us to do so. Further, the accessibility of this Site in any jurisdiction where this Site fails to comply with applicable law, rules, or regulations does not constitute any intent by the Firm to practice law in such jurisdiction or to represent anyone based solely on that person’s visit to this Site or access to any of the materials conveyed on this Site.
3. Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitation of Liability. THE FIRM DOES NOT MAKE ANY WARRANTIES TO YOU IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THIS SITE. THIS SITE IS PROVIDED TO YOU “AS IS” WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY, OR OTHER WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND. FURTHER, WE HEREBY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY, OR OTHERWISE, THAT MIGHT ARISE IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THIS SITE OR ANY LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES THAT MAY APPEAR ON THIS SITE. THIS DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES INCLUDES, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR USE OR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
THE FIRM ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN THE CONTENT OF THIS SITE. FURTHERMORE, TO THE GREATEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, NEITHER THE FIRM NOR ANY OF ITS PAST OR PRESENT SHAREHOLDERS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS WILL BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY LOSS, DAMAGE, OR OTHER MATTER WHATSOEVER ARISING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THIS SITE. YOUR SOLE REMEDY IN ALL EVENTS WILL BE TO DISCONTINUE USE OF THIS SITE.
4. Proprietary Rights of the Firm. By using this Site, you acknowledge and agree that this Site and any materials which are part of this Site are and shall remain the property of the Firm and/or its licensors, and may be protected by copyright, trademark, and other applicable proprietary rights or laws. Subject to your compliance with this Agreement, the Firm grants to you alone only a limited, personal, revocable, non-transferable license (without any right to sublicense) to access this Site online solely for the purpose of viewing the Site online. Unless you have received prior written authorization from the Firm signed by our President to the contrary, you agree not to copy, modify, distribute, transmit, display, perform, publish, license, or create derivative works from this Site or any part of this Site.
The Firm owns certain trade names, domain names, trademarks, and service marks which include, without limitation, “Horan, Lloyd, Karachale, Dyer, Schwartz, Law & Cook, Incorporated,” “Horan, Lloyd, Karachale, Dyer, Schwartz, Law & Cook, Inc.,” “Horan, Lloyd Law Offices,” “Horan, Lloyd Law Firm,” and “horanlegal.com.” The Firm does not grant in any way, and nothing on this Site should be construed as granting in any manner, any license or right to use any of our trade names, domain names, trademarks, or service marks.
5. Rules of Conduct. You agree to comply with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations that are in force from time to time in all jurisdictions with authority over your use of this Site. In addition, you agree not to:
- Interfere with or disrupt the operation or appearance of this Site or the operation of any computer system connected with this Site by any means or in any manner;
- Interfere with, interrupt, or alter the transmission of this Site or act in any way that restricts or diminishes the accessibility or operation of this Site or any computer system connected with this Site, whether by means of transmission or other use of any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, corrupted files, or any other software or other programs, or any other means or method;
- Hack into this Site or any computer connected with this Site;
- Use this Site for any fraudulent or otherwise unlawful purpose;
- Falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your identity or your affiliation with any person or entity;
- Express or imply in any way that the Firm endorses any conduct or statement by you in any regard;
- Harvest or in any manner or means collect any personally identifiable information regarding any visitors or users of this Site, or regarding the Firm, its shareholders, directors, officers, or agents without our prior written consent signed by our President;
- Modify, rearrange, adapt, translate, create any derivative work from, reverse engineer, disassemble, or decompile all or any part of this Site;
- Link to, frame, or mirror all or any part of this Site without first receiving written authorization from the Firm signed by our President; or
- Sell, assign, transfer, license, or otherwise exploit for any commercial purpose all or any part of this Site.
Links to Third Party Websites. If you use any link on this Site which leads you off of this Site, you will enter an area which is not controlled by the Firm. The Firm is not responsible for the contents of any linked site, including, but not limited to, any link on any linked site, any activity on any linked site, or any modification or discontinuance of any linked site. By including any link on this Site, the Firm is not making any recommendations, approvals, or endorsements with respect to the linked website or materials, whether express, implied, or otherwise.
Indemnity. You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless the Firm and its past and present shareholders, directors, officers, employees, and agents from and against any and all claims, losses, damages, liabilities, costs, and expenses (including but not limited to attorneys’ fees) arising directly or indirectly out of or in connection with your use of this Site or your violation of any provision this Agreement.
Jurisdictional Issues. The Firm maintains this Site in the State of California in the United States of America. We do not intend for this Site to subject us to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country, or territory other than those of California and the United States of America. The Firm does not represent or warrant that this Site or any part of this Site is appropriate or available for use in any particular jurisdiction. By accessing this Site you act upon your own volition, upon your own initiative, and at your own risk. By accessing this Site you accept full and sole responsibility for complying with the laws, rules, and regulations of your jurisdiction. The Firm may limit the availability of all or any part of this Site, at our sole discretion and at any time, to any person, geographic area, or jurisdiction we choose.
Governing Law and Forum. This Agreement is governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, United States of America, without regard to its principles of conflicts of law. You agree that venue for the resolution of any dispute arising from or relating to this Agreement or the breach hereof shall lie in Monterey County, California. You hereby waive any objection or defense thereto based on forum non conveniens or any similar doctrine, and, with respect to such dispute, you hereby consent to the exclusive personal jurisdiction of the Courts of the State of California located in the County of Monterey.